GETTING HERE AND THERE
GETTING HERE AND THERE
You’ll discover that travelling to and within Edmonton is a snap, regardless of where you’re coming from or the hotel you stay in after your arrival.
Edmonton is served by Edmonton International Airport (EIA), one of Canada’s fastest-growing airports, which serves more than six million passengers annually. EIA is located 30 km/19 miles — about 30-40 minutes from downtown — and serves many international, national and regional airlines. EIA is committed to moving you smoothly through the airport with exemplary customer service. To learn more about services, find flight options or more, download the airport guide. On the web flyeia.com.
- EIA offers non-stop flights to more than 50 destinations such as Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Phoenix and London.
- EIA is a bright, modern facility. Within it, Central Hall features convenient retail, food and beverage services, an observation deck, centralized pre-board screening, free WI-FI and many amenities for passenger comfort Translation services are available in multiple languages. An international currency exchange is also available.
- Airport Express offers convenient check-in and transportation for EIA travellers staying downtown, with two Air Canada and WestJet Flight Information Display Screens (FIDS). Hotel web check-in services are also available at a number of local hotels, giving travellers a quick, easy way to check in for flights right from the hotel lobby.
- Fly Thru for same day travel within Alberta gets you through security faster and offers convenient reserved parking stalls in both Easy Parkade and Value Park for faster access to the terminal, plus a dedicated parking exit lane for speedier service, and Priority Valet which offers you curbside vehicle drop-off and pick-up right at the departures level.
- NEXUS is available at EIA for frequent international travellers. If you qualify, enrolling can greatly speed up your time in customs and make your journey through EIA hassle-free.
- Taxi-fare from the International Airport to the city centre is about $48. Fares to other locations are charged by a zone (not metered) rate.
- Sky Shuttle Bus services are available for $18 to or from downtown, the west end or the University of Alberta and must be booked in advance. Call 780-465-8515 or visit edmontonskyshuttle.com to book.
- For customer service and general airport information, call 780-890-8382.
Edmonton is on the Trans-Canada Yellowhead Highway, considered the most reliable, quickest route across Western Canada.
- Edmonton is 514 km (320 miles) north of the Montana, U.S.A./Canada border
- Edmonton is 294 km (184 miles) north of Calgary
- Edmonton is 362 km (226 miles) east of Jasper
- Edmonton is 404 km (252 miles) northeast of Banff